Home » Latest News » BAR ONE CHEESECAKE
Posted on: February 14, 2018, in Latest News, Umngazi Recipes
We loved this recipe by Yuppiechef for Bar One Cheesecake. See original recipe on www.yuppiechef.com
This fridge cheesecake is made of Bar-One, on the list of most loved chocolate bars and bursting with caramel, nougat and cocoa goodness.
250g chocolate coated digestive biscuits
150g melted butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
20g extra butter
50g milk chocolate (chopped finely)
3 teaspoons gelatine
500g cream cheese
110g castor sugar
120g BarOne, chopped finely
1. Blend biscuits into breadcrumbs and add butter to combine. Press biscuit mixture into a 20cm tin (bottom and sides or just bottom). Cover and refrigerate till firm.
2. Combine brown sugar with the 20g extra butter and 2tbs cream in small saucepan, heat on low until sugar dissolves to make butterscotch sauce.
3. Combine chocolate and 2 tablespoons of cream in small saucepan and stir over low heat until chocolate melts to make chocolate sauce.
4. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small bowl over simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool for 5 minutes.
5. Beat cheese and castor sugar in medium bowl until smooth. Beat remaining cream in another bowl until soft peaks form. Stir slightly warm gelatine into cheese mixture and add in Bar-One and fold in cream.
6. Pour half cheese mixture into prepared tin and drizzle half butterscotch and half chocolate sauce over cheese mixture. Repeat the process with remaining cheese mixture and sauces.
7. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours or until set but best to make the day before.
back to blog
Tel No: 047-564 1115/6/8/9
Wild Coast, Eastern Cape, South Africa
GPS COORDINATES: S 31 36.680 E 29 25.938