Home » DID YOU KNOW » Dining at Umngazi Hotel & Spa
Posted on: December 6, 2021, in Activities, DID YOU KNOW, Latest News
1) Is the water safe to drink? Yes! Our water is tested regularly to ensure that it is always safe for our guests to drink and enjoy.
2) What dining is included in our rate? Umngazi offers delicious, fresh and healthy meals three times per day as well as mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks served with tea and coffee. Our meals are beautifully laid out in our relaxed dining space and we can guarantee you will be very well fed and pleased with our varied food options.
3) Our breakfast and lunch are generous buffet offerings that cater to all dietary needs. You will have plenty of options to choose from. We offer breakfast and lunch packs (at an extra charge) for your day of departure. Please let us know at reception and we will arrange this for you. Kindly ensure you always wear a mask and sanitize at the buffet station.
4) For dinner, we offer a “table d’hote” menu. This menu is seasonal and the food is cooked to perfection. The menu will be on your table when you arrive and you will place your order with your waiter/waitress.
5) Our bar overlooks the riverfront and is a central buzz point for the hotel. You are welcome to take your drinks from the bar with you to dinner as well as order more from your waitress/waiter during your dinner. Should you wish to see the wine menu, please request one from your waiter/waitress. You are more than welcome to bring your own wine, but please note, we do charge a corkage fee.
6) Are you looking for something special? We offer exclusive, private dining at either our Riverside Gazebo or Green Door Cellar. Our Riverside Gazebo is set on stilts above the river with wraparound windows for captivating panoramic views. Soft lighting sets the tone for a beautifully tranquil dining experience. Our Green Door Cellar is a cosy, intimate setting that offers a leisurely tasting and special dining experience. These exclusive dining experiences are not included in the inclusive rate. Please enquire at reception for more information if you are interested.
7) We also offer a lovely picnic basket option while staying at the hotel. Our picnic baskets are filled with delicious snacks and goodies. We do not have a designated picnic site, however there are a variety of beautiful sites for you to choose from (down on the beach, along the river bank, canoe up river to the bush breakfast site) Picnic lunches are not included in the inclusive rate. Please enquire further at reception. Kindly note, no meals are to be eaten by the swimming pool.
8) Saturday is our seafood evening, and is always a highlight at Umngazi, showcasing coastal cuisine and vibrant Pondo culture. A succulent combination of fish, shellfish, home-baked bread, fresh salads and hearty soups are prepared to perfection and set to a rhythmic cultural performance.
9) And on Sundays… we braai (to our non-South African guests, this is a traditional South African barbeque)! Our braai is laid out on the dining deck each Sunday for a perfectly lazy afternoon of delicious food, drinks and sunsets.
10) Finally, we have our afternoon river cruise. The afternoon river cruise is a special delight to both our young and old guests. Snacks are included in the cost of the cruise however drinks for the cruise need to be ordered before the cruise departure. Please order directly with Reception or the Bar.
Should you have any more questions regarding our dining, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you soonest.
back to blog
Tel No: 047-564 1115/6/8/9
Wild Coast, Eastern Cape, South Africa
GPS COORDINATES: S 31 36.680 E 29 25.938