IN THE PRESS
WHAT TO PACK
CLIMATE AT UMNGAZI
What to Pack for Your Stay at Umngazi
We would like your experience with us to be as comfortable and memorable as possible and we recommend packing the following:
- From June to September be sure to pack a few warmer items for cooler mornings and evenings. Days are warm, but a jacket/fleece will be needed for the sunset cruise or sundowners on the deck.
- From October to December temperatures rise and cool, light clothing is once again recommended.
- Comfortable walking shoes for our guided walks, track shoes or boots will be suitable as well as sandals to wear around at meals and within the lodge area. Rock shoes are also a good option for fishing on the rocks.
- Shorts or skirts and short-sleeve shirts for the warm midday periods.
- Swimming costumes & beach towels.
- Sun block, sun hat, sunglasses and lip balm.
- Mosquito / insect repellent (Umngazi is malaria free area).
- Extra pair of correction glasses (if you wear them).
- Contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses (if required).
- Cameras, binoculars and your favourite film.
- Spare memory card if you use a digital camera.
- Video camera and a spare battery.
- Each room is equipped with basic amenities and hairdryers are available from front office.
- Tennis Racquets (can hire), mountain bikes (none for hire), snorkelling equipment and fishing gear.
- For our little Umngazi guests we recommend the following: nappies & formula, wet wipes, bathing supplies, baby food (we do have a children’s dining room which offers a communal fridge and high chairs), bottles, pacifier, collapsible stroller with canopy or umbrella, front or back child-carrying pack or sling style carrier.
We hope that this little checklist will assist you with your packing and look forward to welcoming you for a memorable stay.