OUR WINE LIST 2013
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Recipe of the Month - MARCH 2014
CREAMY MUSSEL POT
- 500gr Mussel Black local half shell
- 50ml Brandy
- 1 Med Onion finely chopped
- 1 leek white part finely chopped
- 2 cloves finely chopped Garlic
- 100gr Butter
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp Green Pepper finely diced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper finely diced
- 1 tsp Yellow Pepper finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Robertson’s Fish Spice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 300ml fish stock home-made
- 300ml fresh Cream
- In a big pot, add the butter and melt.
- Add the leek, onion & garlic and fry till translucent.
- Add the tot of Brandy and flame to burn off alcohol and leave flavour.
- Add the fish spice. Add the fish stock and then the cream and bring to the boil.
- Add the herbs and diced peppers.
- Boil until a good flavour and consistency has been achieved. Season to taste.
- 20 minutes before service add the mussels so they can soften and cook through.
- Serve with Fresh Bread or Baguette to mop up the sauce.