OUR WINE LIST 2013
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Recipe of the Month - OCTOBER 2013
LENTIL BURGER PATTIES
- 540gr soaked and cooked and drained lentils
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1½ burger buns to make breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- toppings (lettuce, tomato, ketchup or BBQ sauce, etc.)
- Slice onion and garlic.
- Sauté in 1 T oil
- Toast buns until brown.
- Tear up toasted buns, put into food processor and chop into crumbs.
- When onions are soft and starting to release their scent, add spices and mix well.
- Rinse lentils, then add to onion mixture, once combined add to the blender with the breadcrumbs, mix well.
- Mix in food processor until it all comes together,
- Since mixture is still hot, use scoop to form portions and place onto a lightly oiled tray and then form into patties.
- Put on the grill and flip after patties turn brown.
- Serve with toppings of you choice.