OUR WINE LIST 2013
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Recipe of the Month - FEBRUARY 2014
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 5 1/3 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking liners.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed bananas, soy milk, margarine and vanilla.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Be careful not to mix too much.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 12 muffins.